Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Approach

Welcome to my blog! This is my new approach to getting my feelings out without having to spend all day talking to myself. My first post will be very small because I want to see if I can even do this. It's the middle of the morning and I'm on week four of not working at my former employer. Not sure I can do this - stay home all day without working. Well....being a full-time mother and housekeeper is work, don't get me wrong, but, I mean not going to a 9-5 job everyday. It's tempting to stay home...very tempting....especially with the sun shining and warmer temperatures. AND....because Mason can see his mommy everyday...all day. But, there is rarely good TV on during the day, my DVR is up to date, and I find you can only do so much cleaning and stare at the same walls so much. I'm ready! I'm ready to get back out in the work force and find something that I love to do...and that loves me back!
I have everything I need - a loving husband, a beautiful 6 month old son, great parents, sister and in-laws, great neighbors who have quickly become my friends, a very nice home and neighborhood to live in, great health (other than those few extra baby pounds I can't seem to get rid of), my catholic faith and my sense of humor. So why do i feel down in the dumps right now? How come something that seems so trivial can become such a nagging worry over my heart and head? I think it's because I am haunted by people who make it their life's mission to get to the top of their world...their world i say, not the real world...by any means neccessary. I struggle to understand how good people can be treated poorly. Good people are sometimes handed some tough cards to play....and they have to figure out how to best play the hand they are given. Or, as my analogy I also like to use -- being handed lemons and you have to figure out if you're going to keep the lemons and do nothing with them, or turn them into lemonade. I'm hurting right now. I'm shocked at how some people in the world behave and how it has affected me in ways beyond my control. But, it is up to me how I make the best of it. I have to remember all the wonderful things in my life and try to take each day as it comes....literally...one day at a time. And....hope that karma comes to bite those poor souls in the butt sometime soon! My advice for the day - don't drink your employer's kool aid and be the good person that you were put on this Earth to be. And, obey the golden rule - the rule I will always instill in  my son - treat others how you would like to be treated. Am i being vague on what's bothering me? Yes....but that's because I'm not dragging anyone down with me. Just keep me in your thoughts until I figure things out. Enjoy the day....this is the only time you get to live this particular day.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great way to express the ups and downs of life! You can lay it all out there and then walk away feeling lighter. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there buddy! Life definitely has a way of showing us we are not always in control. But you are taking all of the right steps to get back on your feet. Mason is so lucky to have you as his mommy! I'm always here for you!

    ReplyDelete